What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are effective ways to achieve a more youthful look. These products can also correct problems like volume loss, lack of volume in the lips, or lack of contour in some areas of the face. At SoCal Lazer & Medi-Spa in Huntington Beach, California, dermal fillers can be used in a natural way to create the beautiful and youthful appearance that you’re looking for.
- The dermal fillers used at SoCal Lazer & Medi-Spa are made from substances such as hyaluronic acid, which closely mimic natural bodily substances.
- Brand name fillers like Juvederm™, Radiesse®, Belotero®, Restylane®, and Revanesse Versa are injected into the face for a variety of reasons. Dermal fillers can soften wrinkles, fill in creases, enhance lips, and fill in depressed scars. They can also be used to contour areas like the cheeks, and can also replace lost volume in nearly any part of the face. Dermal fillers can create a more youthful look without invasive procedures or surgery. Dermal fillers are temporary, lasting anywhere from six months to two years.
What are the most common areas for dermal filler treatment?
The most common areas for dermal filler treatment include:
- The lips
- The nasolabial folds, also known as the smile lines or marionette lines
- The cheeks
- The temples
- Under the eyes
- Chin and Jawline
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish oil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending. Temporary bruising and or swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a cold sore or rash on your face.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.